Broccoli Rabe with Sausage (for MSC)Cuisinart Original Recipe
This dish takes a few steps to complete. The broccoli rabe is first steamed – this improves the overall texture of the finished dish, making it nice and tender."
1 quart water
1 large bunch broccoli rabe, approximately 1 pound, ends trimmed
1 teaspoon olive oil
12 ounces pre-cooked Italian sausage, sweet, hot or mix of both, cut into ½-inch slices
3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
¼ cup dry white wine
1½ cups chicken broth, low sodium
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Steam the broccoli rabe: Put the quart of water into the cooking pot of the Multicooker and insert the steaming rack. Set to Steam for 8 minutes; cover. Once tone sounds, put the broccoli rabe on the rack and cover.
2. Unit automatically turns off when steaming is complete. Remove and reserve broccoli rabe. Carefully remove water and wipe cooking pot dry. Cooking pot will be hot, so use caution.
3. Put the olive oil into the cooking pot and set to Brown/Sauté at 350°F. Once hot, cook sausage until well browned on all sides; about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Once sausage is browned, add garlic. Sauté until fragrant. Add white wine and allow to cook until almost evaporated. Scrape up any flavorful brown bits that have accumulated in the bottom of the pan. Add chicken broth and red pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes to blend the flavors.
5. Reduce the temperature to 300°F. Add broccoli rabe and allow to simmer, covered, for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.
ServingsMakes 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 356 (62% from fat) • carb. 10g • pro. 21g
• fat 24g • sat. fat 8g • chol. 48mg • sod. 1286mg
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!