Twice Baked PotatoesCuisinart Original Recipe
Makes 8 servings
During the holidays and other dinner parties, oven space and time
can be scarce. This delicious side dish frees up your main oven
for larger items like a turkey or roast.
4 Idaho or russet potatoes (10 to 12 ounces each)
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
2/3 cup lowfat milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus 1 teaspoon for finishing
½ cup sour cream
½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat the toaster oven to 400°F on the Bake setting with the rack in position A or B.
2. Rub each potato with ¼ teaspoon of olive oil, and then evenly prick about 6 to 8 times with a fork. Place potatoes directly on the rack and bake for about 55 to 60 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
3. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, halve each one and scoop out cooked potato, leaving a ¼-inch thick potato shell. Reserve cooked potato and skin shells.
4. Place cooked potato in a medium bowl. Add milk and 2 tablespoons of the butter. Using a potato masher or hand mixer, mash/beat until smooth. Add sour cream, salt, pepper and chives. Mash/beat to combine completely. Generously fill the potato shells with potato mixture. (Potatoes may be prepared a day ahead to this point – cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before baking.)
5. Line the baking pan with aluminum foil. Arrange potatoes on prepared pan. Melt remaining teaspoon of butter and drizzle on potatoes. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until potatoes are hot and golden on the tops.
ServingsMakes eight servings
Nutritional information per serving (1/2 potato):
Calories 180 (31% from fat) • carb. 27g • pro. 4g • fat 6g
sat. fat 4g • chol. 20mg • sod. 160mg • calc. 58mg • fiber 3g