Sausage and Broccoli RabeCuisinart Original Recipe
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 bunch broccoli rabe, approximately 1 pound
1 pound Italian sausages, sweet, hot or mix of both
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
¼ cup dry white wine
½ cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium
½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
pinch freshly ground black pepper
shaved Parmesan, for serving
fresh lemon juice, for serving
1. Fill the Cuisinart® GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet with 1 inch of water and add 1 tablespoon of kosher salt. Turn temperature to 450°F, cover, and bring to a boil.
2. Set up a large bowl filled with ice water. Trim ends of broccoli rabe and cut into 2-inch pieces. Once water comes to a boil, add broccoli rabe to Skillet and cover. Cook for about 2 to 4 minutes. Plunge blanched broccoli rabe into prepared ice water. Once cool, discard ice water and reserve broccoli rabe.
3. Turn off Skillet, remove water and wipe Skillet dry. Turn temperature to 350°F and add the olive oil. Brown sausages on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Once browned, carefully slice sausages in half lengthwise and brown the insides for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove sausages and add garlic. Sauté until fragrant. Add white wine and scrape up any browned bits that have accumulated on the cooking surface of the pan. Add chicken broth, reserved broccoli rabe, red and black pepper. Cover and boil for 2 minutes.
4. Add reserved sausages and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
5. Serve immediately, topping with shaved Parmesan and fresh lemon juice.
Servingsno serving information available
Nutritional information per serving (based on 6 servings): Calories 157 (46% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro.15g • fat 8g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 23mg • sod. 501mg • calc.114mg • fiber 2g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!