Mixed Vegetable RisottoCuisinart Original Recipe
You can easily substitute whatever vegetables you have on hand for
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
3 ounces asparagus, cut into ½-inch pieces (about ½ cup)
1 medium carrot, cut into ½-inch pieces (about ¹∕³ cup)
1 teaspoon salt, divided
¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 small shallot, finely chopped (about ¹∕³ cup)
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
¼ large red pepper, chopped (about ¼ cup)
1½ cups Arborio rice
½ cup white wine
6 cups chicken broth, hot
¹∕³ cup ¼-inch diced zucchini
¾ cup chopped mushrooms (any variety, cremini work very well)
½ cup frozen peas, not defrosted
½ cup frozen corn, not defrosted
¹∕³ cup grated Parmesan
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
zest from ½ lemon
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet to 325°F; add 1 tablespoon of oil. Sauté asparagus and carrot with ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Cook until asparagus is slightly charred. Reserve.
2. Add remaining oil. Sauté shallot, garlic and pepper until softened, about 2 minutes. Add rice; stir to coat in oil and sauté until just transparent, 5 to 6 minutes. Add wine and let cook until absorbed by rice.
3. Add stock, ½ cup at a time, not adding more until all is absorbed by rice, about 8 to 10 minutes per batch.
4. Before the last ½ cup of stock is added to the Skillet, add the reserved asparagus and carrots, and the remaining vegetables. Stir to fully combine.
5. Once the final ½ cup of stock has been absorbed, turn off the Skillet and add the Parmesan, butter, zest and remaining salt and pepper.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
Servingsno serving information available
Calories 173 (22% from fat) • carb. 27g • pro. 4g • fat 4g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 5mg • sod. 539mg • calc. 51mg • fiber 2g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet