Basic Fried RiceCuisinart Original Recipe
A healthier version of the take-out favorite.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cups jasmine rice, cooked and chilled
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon fish sauce
¹∕³ cup sliced scallions
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet to 350°F.
2. Once pan is hot, add butter, swirling pan to cover the cooking surface of the Skillet evenly. Add rice; stir-fry, allowing rice to sit about 45 seconds between stirs, until rice has browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Push rice to one side of the Skillet. Add egg and let cover half of the Skillet, being sure not to let it touch the rice. Cook egg, breaking up with a spatula while cooking. Once egg has cooked, mix with rice. Add garlic and stir-fry with the rice and eggs for 30 seconds.
4. Turn off heat; stir in sesame oil, fish sauce, scallions and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
5. Serve, garnishing with cilantro
Servingsno serving information available
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 173 (38% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 3g • fat 7g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 45mg • sod. 188mg • calc. 21mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet