Meatballs SupremeUser Submitted Recipe
1 ½ pounds of meatloaf mix ( 1/3 beef; 1/3 pork; 1/3 veal)
2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
2 eggs (beaten)
1 ½ cups of breadcrumbs (Italian style) for the mixture
1 cup of breadcrumbs for the outside of the meatball
½ cup of sautéed onions
1 cup of 1 % milk
Extra virgin olive oil
2 cans of crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of garlic salt
1 teaspoon of Oregano
½ teaspoon of black pepper
1. In a large bowl, mix the 1 ½ pounds of meatloaf mix; 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic;2 beaten eggs; 1 ½ cups of breadcrumbs;½ cup of sautéed onions and 1 cup of milk
2. In a large frying pan, heat olive oil
3. In a large pot, add the crushed tomatoes; Italian seasoning; sugar; garlic salt, oregano and black pepper. Simmer until hot.
4. Take the mixed ingredients in step 1 and roll the meat into balls approximately 1 ½ inch in diameter
5. Roll each prepared meatball in breadcrumbs and place in the pre-heated olive oil
6. After the meatball has been browned on each side, place the meatball into the large pot containing the sauce
7. Simmer of 2 hours.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!