Sautéed Broccoli RabeCuisinart Original Recipe
The Oven Central® does a quick job of making this broccoli rabe delicious and tender."
3 ounces (1 link) cooked sweet Italian sausage, cut into ¼-inch slices (optional)
2 to 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (depending on whether or not sausage is being used)
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
½ large bunch broccoli rabe (approximately ½ pound), rinsed and trimmed
¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
½ cup cooked garbanzo beans or cannellini beans
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® Oven Central® to 400ºF with both the top and bottom heaters on.
2. If using the sausage, put into the hot pan and sauté until slightly crisp and warmed through, about 5 minutes. Remove and reserve.
3. Add oil (as much as needed depending on whether or not oil is leftover from the sausage. You should have about 1 teaspoon of oil from the sausage) to the pan with the garlic and crushed red pepper. Once garlic begins to sizzle, stir constantly with a wooden spoon. After about 3 minutes add the broccoli rabe, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of water if the broccoli rabe is dry; close oven lid.
4. Cook for about 6 to 10 minutes and then stir in the beans and reserved sausage, if using. Close and cook for an additional 5 minutes before serving. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary (you may need additional salt if you did not cook with the sausage).
* For easier clean-up and searing you may cook in the baking pan. Browning may require additional time.
ServingsMakes 2 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 217 (36% from fat) • carb. 22g • pro. 14g • fat 9g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 13mg • sod. 843mg • calc. 94mg • fiber 3g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!