Sushi Rice CakesCuisinart Original Recipe
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups cooked sushi rice (cooked from about ¾ cups rice), warm
¼ teaspoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon chopped ginger
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro, fitted with the griddle plate, to Medium.
2. Put the rice vinegar, sugar and salt into a small saucepan. Heat just until salt and sugar are dissolved. Once dissolved, pour mixture over warm rice and mix together well. Stir sesame oil, ginger and green onions into rice.
3. Divide rice evenly into 8 separate mounds using a ¼-cup measuring cup. With slightly dampened hands, form each into a flattened, round disc.
4. Rub the vegetable oil evenly over the griddle plates. Place rice cakes on the griddle and brown each side, about 8 to 10 minutes per side.
5. Serve with grilled bok choy or serve alongside a soy dipping sauce .
ServingsMakes 8 cakes
Nutritional Information per cake:
Calories 66 (2% from fat) • carb. 16g • pro. 2g • fat 0g • sat. fat 0g
• chol. 0mg • sod. 146mg • calc. 1mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Griddler® Compact Grill Centro
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!