Sweet and Spicy Pepper RelishUser Submitted Recipe
This delicious pepper spread is great served on crackers or bread, with in burritos or quesadillas, or with pasta.
1/4 pound of spicy peppers (jalapeños, habañeros) stems and seeds removed*
2 red bell peppers, stems and seeds removed, and diced*
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tablespoon whole pink peppercorns (optional)
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. honey (optional)
cream cheese, at room temperature, for serving, if desired
*can also substitute canned or jarred jalapenos and roasted red pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix together peppers, onion, and garlic, tossing with oil, salt, and peppercorns (if using).
3. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables have started to get softer.
4. Remove from the oven, and place in a Cuisinart food processor, along with the vinegar and the honey. Pulse for about 1 minute until all of the vegetables are broken up a bit. At this point, you can process it more for a smooth sauce, or leave it chunky.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks (or it can be frozen for a few months)
6. Mix anywhere from 1 to 4 tablespoons of relish with ½ cup of softened cream cheese, if desired, and use as a bread on bread, crackers, or in quesadillas and burritos.