Roasted Red Pepper SauceCuisinart Original Recipe
This versatile sauce provides a nice flavor kick to just about any dish."
3 medium red peppers (about 1½ pounds total)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large shallot, peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
½ cup dry white wine
1½ cups chicken broth, low sodium
2 teaspoons honey
1. Put the peppers on the rack in the cooking pot of the Multicooker. Cover and set to Brown/Saute at 400°F. Roast peppers for about 1 hour, turning them every 20 minutes. After an hour of roasting, turn unit off and let peppers rest in the Multicooker with cover in place for about an hour to cool and to allow the skins to loosen.
2. Once peppers have rested, remove and discard skins and seeds and roughly chop the peppers. Completely wipe out the cooking pot.
3. Put the olive oil in the cooking pot and set to Brown/Sauté at 350°F. Once the unit is preheated, add the shallot and garlic and sauté until soft. Stir in the peppers with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper; sauté for a few additional minutes.
4. Stir in the white wine and simmer until just about evaporated. Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce temperature to 200°F to maintain light simmer and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
5. Blend sauce either in a blender or transfer sauce to a deep and narrow vessel to blend with an immersion blender.
6. Add honey and remaining salt and pepper to taste.
ServingsMakes about 2 cups
Nutritional information per serving (2 tablespoons):
Calories 26 (26% from fat) • carb. 3g • pro. 1g
• fat 1g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 115mg
• calc. 4mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products: