Tangy Cream StuffingUser Submitted Recipe
6 cups (10 slices) cubes of dried rye bread...or add caraway seeds to recipe if using other dark bread.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup onion (any color) cut into long shreds
1 large red bell pepper, also cut into thin shreds or strips
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons corn (or rice) syrup (organic!)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
Spices: 2 teaspoons each kind...
Thyme, Tarragon, Mace, Basil, Dill weed, Salt & Pepper to taste (Caraway if using non-rye bread)
1) Sauté onion and pepper shreds in the melted butter in a large sauté or frying pan, until tender but not brown!
2) Add spices and all liquids (taste for a creamy lightly salty and sweet taste here, so you can adjust as needed.)
3) Pour mixture over dry bread crumbs, which are in a large stock pot, then stir all the goodness with a spatula until each cube has liquids on it, but not so much it becomes mush!
4) Put into bird or cook in the oven at 350 degrees in several pans, or shallow pie plates...if you want to make a good brown crust.
5) Serve for Christmas, Easter, or Thanksgiving!