Grilled Corn Slaw (Hot Dog Topping)Cuisinart Original Recipe
2 ears corn on the cob, shucked and each cut into 4 pieces
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ red onion, thinly sliced
¼ teaspoon plus 1 pinch sea salt
1∕8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1∕8 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro, fitted with the Grill plate, to Medium.
2. While grill is preheating (about 10 minutes), brush the corn with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter and pinch of salt . Place on preheated grill, turning every 2½ to 3 minutes for a total cooking time of 7 to 9 minutes. Reserve to cool.
3. While corn is grilling, toss pepper and onion with the remaining butter, remaining salt, black pepper, chili powder and lemon juice.
4. Grill until softened, about 8 minutes, tossing occasionally.
5. While pepper and onion are grilling, cut the grilled corn kernels off of the cobs and place in the same mixing bowl that held the pepper and onion. Add the grilled vegetables and parsley; toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
ServingsMakes about 2 cups
Nutritional information per serving (2 tablespoons):
Calories 24 (53% from fat) • carb. 3g • pro. 0g • fat 2g • sat. fat 1g
• chol. 4mg • sod. 35mg • calc. 2mg • fiber 0g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!