Asparagus, Spinach, Artichoke Hearts & Goat Cheese PastaUser Submitted Recipe
1 pound asparagus, cut and retain only the top stems
1 bag of baby spinach
1 can of artichoke hearts, drained ½ small carton of fresh mushrooms
½ medium onion, chopped (optional)
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
½ pound of prosciuto ham (cut into pieces)
½ pound of bacon (cut into pieces)
½ stick of unsalted butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
1 bottle of LIGHT Alfredo sauce
4 ounces goat cheese
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
freshly ground black pepper
freshly ground red pepper(optional)
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat and lightly crisp. In same pan add the prosciuto ham until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, retaining one tablespoon of fat in pan.
2. Meanwhile heat a large pan of lightly salted water to boiling over high heat. Blanch the asparagus in the boiling water for 3 minutes or until bright green and crisp-tender when tested with a small knife.
3. Heat same pan of bacon fat, adding 1-2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and melt. Add garlic powder, black pepper, and red pepper to taste, Add onion, garlic, & mushrooms until caramelized. Add spinach and artichoke hearts until wilted. Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon, add to spinach, and finish sauteing. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt remaining 1-2 tablespoons of butter. Whisk in the flour.
5. Add the broth and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Blend in the goat cheese, ½ cup of parmesan cheese and lemon peel, until smooth. Add bottle of Alfredo Sauce. Cover and cook until warm.
6. Add sauce to vegetable mixture. Blend well.
7. Cook the spaghetti according to the label directions until al dente. Drain.
8. Choice to Toss the spaghetti with the sauce mixture or Serve sauce on top of spaghetti. Serve with remaining Parmesan.