Slow Cook ManicottiUser Submitted Recipe
1 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
2 Cloves garlic
15 Oz. ricotta cheese
½ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
6 Oz. grated Provolone cheese
7-12 Uncooked manicotti noodles
1 28 oz. can tomatoes with basil
½ Tsp. oregano
1. Brush a 9x13 casserole with oil.
2. Mince garlic, place in casserole and brown in oven.
3. Combine ricotta, Parmesan and half the Provolone in a bowl. Add egg, salt and pepper and beat well with a whisk.
4. Stuff uncooked noodles with cheese mix.
5. Put tomatoes and oregano in a blender, blend until smooth.
6. Pour 1 cup sauce into baking dish. Put stuffed manicotti in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over top.
7. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 375º. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining Provolone and bake until browned.
Sausage: Brown ½ lb. Italian sausage, add to sauce.
Shrimp: Chop ½ lb. peeled, uncooked shrimp. Stir into ricotta mixture.
Spinach: Add 1 thawed and drained package of frozen spinach to ricotta mixture. Add a pinch of nutmeg. May use Gruyere instead of Provolone.