Butternut Squash Ravioli with Garlic Brown Butter SauceUser Submitted Recipe
1/4” thick pasta dough, cut into 24-3” squares
3-pound butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup skim milk
1/2 c of butter
1/2 tsp minced garlic
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Place squash on a baking sheet, flesh side down, and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, scoop the squash flesh into a blender or food processor.
3. To the squash, add the onion powder, garlic powder, ricotta cheese, and milk. Blend (or pulse), until the mixture is smooth.
4. Place a square of pasta dough on a floured surface and spoon 2 teaspoons of filling in the center. Lightly brush edges of the pasta square with water and fold the pasta over into a triangle, pressing down around filling to force out air and seal edges well.
5. Add the pasta to pot of boiling salted water. Cook until al dente, about 2 to 3 minutes or until the pasta floats and is pale in color. Remove the pasta from the water and drain well.
6. In a skillet melt butter and garlic over moderate heat until butter begins to brown, about 3 minute. Remove from heat and season the butter with salt and pepper.
7. Transfer ravioli to plates and pour the garlic brown butter sauce over the ravioli. Top with parmesan cheese, and serve.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!