Syracuse Chicken RiggiesUser Submitted Recipe
...a New York favorite
1 ½ lb. chicken breast
4 tbsp. butter
One large diced onion
One green and red bell pepper-diced
2 cups chicken broth
1 ½ cup marinara sauce
½ pint heavy cream
8 oz. alfredo sauce
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 ½ tbsp.water
1 cup good grated parmesan cheese
1 pound rigatoni
Garlic powder to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of cracked red pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Brown the chicken and butter in large saucepan. Add onions and peppers and cook for 5-7 minutes until soft. Once cooked, set aside in a clean bowl.
3. Put chicken broth, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce and heavy cream in the large saucepan where you cooked the chicken and peppers prior. Bring to boil. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente then set aside.
5. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water. Stir into sauce mixture and stir until thickens. Add in grated cheese and stir until melted.
6. Put chicken and peppers back into the sauce. Cook 2-3 minutes.
7. Put pasta into sauce and mix together. In a large casserole dish, pour in the chicken riggies.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.