Easy Turkey Tato Tot CasseroleUser Submitted Recipe
An updated version of the traditional Minnesota hot dish
When you are newlyweds, sometimes cooking is the last thing on your mind. But with this recipe, it makes things easy for you and you have dinner ready in less than an hour with minimal prep. Also, since you are now married and being invited to social gatherings, you have a new hot dish to take! There are no leftovers here."
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
1/2 chopped yellow onion
1 can cream mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup frozen green beans
1 package frozen tater tots
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly grease casserole dish.
2. In a large pan, saute turkey and onion until cooked through, drain and set aside.
3. In large bowl, stir together sour cream, 1 cup cheese, cooked turkey, salt and pepper. Pour mixture into casserole dish.
4. Add 3/4 bag of tater tots on top of mixture in dish.
5. Layer on green beans.
6. Top with remaining cheese.
7. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes
8. Remove from oven to cool for about 10 minutes.
Servings4 to 6
no nutrition information available
Recipe Swap Review
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!