Frozen LatteCuisinart Original Recipe
2 Lungo or Long illy® iperEspresso® capsules (equal to 3⁄4 cup brewed espresso)
1/2 cup cold skim milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
6 heavy cream ice cubes*
6 ice cubes
1. Put a mug on the latte/cappuccino tray.
2. Using the lever, open the brew head, insert the capsule and close the brew head. Press the Long button to brew espresso. When the brewing process is complete, insert a new capsule into the brew head and press Long again.
3. Put the milk into the stainless pitcher.
Press Steam button. Once the button stops flashing, submerge the steam wand into the pitcher of milk and steam. Keep the wand fully submerged to prevent excessive froth from forming. Turn dial to stop steaming; reserve.
4. Stir milk and sugar into the espresso to dissolve; cool to at least room temperature.
5. Put cooled beverage, cream and regular ice cubes in a Cuisinart® blender jar. Cover and blend on highest speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
6. Serve immediately.
Note: For an iced mocha, add 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup while blending.
*Pour heavy cream into ice cube trays and freeze overnight for heavy cream ice cubes.
ServingsMakes 3 cups
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!