Peppermint Candy Cane CookiesUser Submitted Recipe
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 teaspoon peppermint extract
red food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
3. Divide cookie mix into two bowls (evenly) and mix some peppermint extract into one bowl and a few drops of red food coloring into the other bowl and mix.
4. Roll dough into "worm" shapes approximately 2-3 inches long. Twist 1 white (with peppermint) and 1 red length together and shape into a candy cane, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.