Best Butter CookiesUser Submitted Recipe
Decorate as desired
1 1/2 Cups butter
1 Cup sugar
1 well beaten egg
2 tsp. vanilla
4 Cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
3. Sift together flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture.
4. Divide into two balls and flatten them; refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
5. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick.
6. Cut with cookie cutters.
7. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes at 400 deg.
Servings3 to 4 dozen depending on cutter size
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!