Lemon-Pistachio CrescentsUser Submitted Recipe
1 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1. Pulse pistachios and 1/4 cup sugar in food processor until finely ground.
2. Beat butter, 1/2 cup sugar, zest, juice and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until fluffy. On low speed, beat in nut mixture, then flour and salt to blend. Cover; chill 1 hour.
3. Heat oven to 350*F.
4. With floured hands, roll heaping teaspoons dough into 3-in ropes; shape into crescents. Place 2-in apart on ungreased baking sheet(s).
5. Bake 14 to 16 minutes until edges and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool slightly on sheet on a wire rack, then transfer to rack. Let stand until warm.
6. Gently roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar to coat. Cool completely on rack. Reroll in sugar, if needed.
Store airtight with wax paper between layers at cool room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Servingsno serving information available
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!