Frosted Pumpkin CookiesUser Submitted Recipe
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 cups sugar
2 cups vegetable shortening
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts (to place on top of frosting)
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in medium bowl. Beat shortening and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl for 30 seconds.
3. Add pumpkin, eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract; beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture at low speed until combined.
4. Stir in raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
6. Mix all frosting ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth.
7. Frost cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting. Sprinkle nuts on top.
Servingsno serving information available
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!