Turkey Zucchini Pizza Lasagna
FOR THE ZUCCHINI NOODLES:
3 Large Zucchini, Washed
1 Tablespoon Salt
FOR THE LASAGNA:
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 pound Ground 99% Fat Free Turkey
1 cup Onion, Diced
1 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic, Diced
1 teaspoon Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
15 ounces, weight Light Or Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
1 Large Egg
14 ounces, fluid Store Bought Or Homemade Pizza Sauce
2 cups Turkey Pepperoni Slices
8 ounces, weight Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
1/2 whole Large Green Pepper, Stem And Seeds Removed, Chopped (optional)
1/4 cups Slivered Olives (optional)
2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Using a mandolin, slice the zucchini into thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick.
3. Lay the slices out flat onto a rimmed cookie sheet and sprinkle with the salt.
4. Bake the zucchini ‘noodles’ for 10-15 minutes, until just lightly beginning to brown, to get all the moisture out. Remove from oven and set aside.
5. In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium/high heat. Add in the ground turkey, diced onion, diced garlic, salt and a pinch of pepper. Cook until the onion is soft and the turkey is browned.
6. While the turkey cooks, beat together the ricotta cheese, egg and another pinch of pepper in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
7. Once the turkey is done, it’s time to assemble the lasagna! Remove pan from heat.
8. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
9. Start by pouring half of the pizza sauce on the bottom of the dish, followed by half the turkey, then layer on half the zucchini noodles, half the ricotta mixture, half the pepperoni slices,and finish with half the grated mozzarella cheese.
10. Repeat the layers once more, except add the chopped pepper and olives on top of the last layer of mozzarella. Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan cheese.
11. Turn the oven up to 375 F cover the lasagna with tin foil. Put the dish into the oven.
12. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
13. Turn the broiler up to HIGH and broil for 2-3 minutes more, until the top is golden brown and bubbly!