Sweet and Sour Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
FOR THE SAUCE:
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/4 cups Reduced-sugar Ketchup
1/4 cups Chili Sauce
1/4 cups Water
1/4 cups Sugar Free Grape Jelly
2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Fresh Garlic, Minced
FOR THE ASSEMBLY:
5 slices Turkey Bacon
1/2 can (20 Oz Can) Of Pineapple Chunks, Drained (1/2 Of A Can Is About 30 Chunks)
30 Toothpicks (plus Or Minus)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a small rimmed baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan on high heat, combine all the sauce ingredients.
3. Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. Once the sauce begins to boil, turn the heat down to medium and let the sauce simmer until it begins to thicken, about 5-10 minutes.
5. While the sauce simmers, slice each piece of bacon in half and then cut each half into thirds. This would make each strip of bacon equal 6 strips.
6. Dry the pineapple chunks between two pieces of paper towel and wrap each with one bacon strip, securing with a toothpick.
7. Spread the pineapple chunks out onto the prepared baking tray, and pour the sauce evenly over the top.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the sauce is sticky and thick and the bacon is fully cooked.
9. Serve Hot
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!