Warm Vegetable Tart
3 c. flour
½ lb. chilled salted butter
½ c. ice cold water
1 lb. broccoli, chopped and blanched
1 clove garlic, minced
10 oz. chopped spinach
1 red pepper, chopped
1 c. heavy cream
3 oz. herbed goat cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Combine dry ingredients in a food processor.
2. Add butter and pulse a few times until the butter is the size of small marbles.
3. Add eggs and pulse a few times.
4. Add water and blend. As soon as it forms a ball, stop mixing.
5. Wrap the dough ball and shape into a disc.
6. Place in the refrigerator while making the filling.
1. Place 1 T. olive oil into a sauté pan and heat. Add minced garlic, broccoli, peppers and spinach and cook, stirring until all the liquid is cooked out.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs until combined. Add heavy cream and whisk in 1 tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. ground pepper.
1. Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Roll out to fit a 10 inch tart pan. Butter the tart pan and place the dough in.
2. Layer the vegetables in the bottom of the tart shell.
3. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
4. Sprinkle the goat cheese over the top.
5. Place in a preheated oven and cook 35-40 minutes or until set and browned. Serve warm with a nice salad.