8 Anjou Pears - Peeled, Cored, diced
1 Red Bell pepper - seeded and diced
1 seedless cucumber - peeled and diced
1 jalapeno - seeded and diced
6 fresh mint leaves - minced
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp honey or agave necture
3 tbsp brandy simple syrup - optional
1 cup chopped pecans
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp ground chipolte
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp brandy
1. In a sauce pan heat sugar, water and brandy. Heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Peel, core and dice pears. Peel and dice cucumbers. Seed and dice both peppers. Add to food processor or blender and pulse till chunky puree.
3. Mince mint leaves and add to the puree along with the cinnamon, simple syrup and honey. Pulse to incorporate
4. Chill in refridgerator for an hour. While chilling melt butter, sugar, and chipolte in pan. Heat until sugar is dissolved add pecans to coat. Pour on a silpat lined pan and bake in oven at 350 for 5-8 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from heat and cool.
6. Pour Gazpacho into bowl and top with the candied pecans and serve