M&M Oatmeal Cookies
1/4 lb (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup applesauce, naturally unsweetened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cup flour (I prefer half unbleached and half white whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt (optional)
3 cups old fashioned oatmeal (quick works fine too)
1-12.6 oz bag M&M's (less a few for snacking!)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy.
3. Add applesauce, eggs, vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour(s), baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well.
5. Stir in Oats followed by M&M's, Mix well.
6. Spoon onto parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!