The Vegetable MeatloafUser Submitted Recipe
-for the "picky eater" stage-
1 lb. hamburger
Crackers or bread crumbs -I have used bread crumbs rather than the crackers so that it is more moist!
*Vegetables of choice
**Choice of seasoning
1. With the vegetables of choice, chop into tiny pieces or cubed, whichever you feel is best for your child to digest.
2. In a large bowl, throw in the hamburger, toss in the tiny cut vegetables, a splash of Worcestershire sauce, large squirt of ketchup, and the preferred seasonings. THEN USE CLEAN HANDS TO MIX IT ALL TOGETHER (:
3. Use a large glass pan to form the meat mixture into a loaf.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, pop in the loaf for about 15-20 min.
5. Pull out and squirt some more of that ketchup on top! This will also help keep the meatloaf moist and tastier for the child.
6. Put back in oven...eyeball. I would roughly estimate maybe 3 extra minutes until the ketchup is "stuck" on the loaf on top. ENJOY! This can also be a meal for the whole family, it's just that good.
*I prefer using vegetables a one year old can easily digest such as peas, fully cooked carrots until soft, green beans.
**As for seasonings, it is optional. I personally don't use the normal seasoning such as garlic salt and such if the meal is specifically being made for my little tot; I don't want him in-taking so much of salt to completely hide the veggies, but a little for tasting won't hurt. After all, the purpose of this meal is to get the little picky eater to eat healthy and gain his nutrition that vegetables has to offer for a growing boy!
Servingsno serving information available
no nutrition information available
Recipe Swap Review
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!