Kellys Irish PieUser Submitted Recipe
• 1 pound ground beef 80-85% lean
• 1 pound apple sausage
• 2 Cups of corn
• Half chopped onions
• 4 oz chopped mushrooms
• Two stalks celery chopped up
• 1 cup Irish Whiskey or Scotch
• 2 table spoons of butter
• 1/2 cup bacon bites
• 1/2 cup onion crunch
• 2 oz. Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce with Whole Pine Nuts
• Dash of paprika
• Dash of parsley flakes
• teaspoon of garlic powder
• teaspoon of celery salt
• Table spoon of crushed red pepper
• 1/2 cup (1 ounce) shredded Cheddar (optional)
• 1 16-ounce package mashed potatoes, refrigerated or frozen and thawed
Heat oven to 400*
Put butter in a large skillet and heat. Toss in hamburger meat, onions, pesto sauce, celery, and mushrooms. Slightly cook sausages first so they are easy to cut up tiny pieces. Add sausages. Add garlic powder, celery salt, crushed red pepper to taste. Stir and let simmer on medium until hamburger is cooked, add in scotch and let simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes w cover off stirring frequently.
Put meat into a 2 qt casserole dish. Add de-thawed corn on top. Next add mashed potatoes (spread evenly over corn). Top mashed potatoes with sharp cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and onion crunch. Sprinkle parsley and paprika on top.
Put in over, bake for 30 minutes.
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!