Steam-Roasted ChickenCuisinart Original Recipe
1 whole chicken (4 pounds)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 sprigs fresh thyme
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 sprigs fresh oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 medium lemon, halved
1. Season the chicken with the pepper and toss with the garlic and fresh herbs. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Remove chicken from the refrigerator. Sprinkle liberally with salt and squeeze lemon juice over the chicken and stuff the lemon into its cavity with the fresh herbs. Tie the legs of the chicken together with butcher’s twine, if desired (this helps the chicken to cook more evenly) .
3. Put the chicken on the baking pan and put in the oven with the rack in the lower rack position. Set to Bake Steam at 450°F for 50 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and skin is golden brown. Internal temperature of the breast/light meat should be 165°F and thigh/dark meat should be 170°F.
4. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving or serving.
ServingsMakes 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 385 (23% from fat) • carb. 2g • pro. 69g
• fat 9g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 221mg • sod. 841mg • calc. 41mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Combo Steam + Convection Oven
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!