Whole Roasted BranzinoCuisinart Original Recipe
2 small shallots, about 2 to 3 ounces total, peeled and sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 small fennel bulb (about 12 ounces), sliced lengthwise
1 medium orange, sliced
1 small lemon, sliced
2 sprigs fresh oregano
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 whole branzino, cleaned
In a stainless steel bowl, toss together the shallots, garlic, fennel, orange, lemon, oregano, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, the crushed red pepper and 1 teaspoon of the olive oil.
2. Season the flesh of the fish with remaining salt and stuff as much of this filling (about ½ cup to 1 cup) into the fish as possible. Tie together with butcher's twine in 3 places along the fish to keep the filling inside. Keep in mind there will be plenty of filling left over.
3. Prepare a bed of the remaining filling ingredients in the middle of the baking tray on a diagonal, placing some of the citrus slices on the top of the bed. Place the fish on top of the bed, wrap with plastic and keep in the refrigerator for an hour.
4. When ready to cook, drizzle the remaining teaspoon of olive oil on top of the fish and place in the oven with the rack in the middle rack position. Set oven to Bake Steam at 450°F for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the tray when finished, and portion fish into 2 fillets; serve on top of the vegetable filling.
ServingsMakes 2 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 276 (27% from fat) • carb. 18g • pro. 33g
• fat 8g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 70mg • sod. 512mg
• calc. 77mg • fiber 2g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!