Steamed Sole with Fennel and LeeksCuisinart Original Recipe
A nice, light one-pot dish, perfect
as a weeknight meal.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium leek trimmed, washed well and sliced, (dark green parts reserved for other use)
1 small shallot, peeled and sliced
1 fennel bulb, cut into ¼-inch vertical slices
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 fresh thyme sprigs
½ cup dry white wine
½ cup water
2 sole or flounder fillets, about ½ pound
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
lemon wedges for serving
1. Put the oil into the cooking pot of the Multicooker and set to Brown/Sauté on 350°F. When unit is preheated, add the leek, shallot, fennel, garlic and thyme. Sauté vegetables until soft and slightly golden, about 15 to 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 300°F to avoid any burning. Stir occasionally.
2. Once all vegetables are soft, add the wine and water and increase temperature to 350°F to bring to a boil. Season the fish fillets with the salt and pepper.
3. Once liquid comes to a boil place the fish fillets on the steaming rack and then carefully put into the pot and cover. Set unit to Steam and steam for about 5 minutes, until fish is completely cooked through.
4. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve fish and vegetables with plenty of lemon wedges.
ServingsMakes 2 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 207 (20% from fat) • carb. 20g • pro. 17g
• fat 5g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 51mg • sod. 706mg
• calc. 19mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products: