Poached ChickenCuisinart Original Recipe
The flavorful poaching liquid keeps the
chicken moist and tasty – you will never
miss the fat.
4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
2 cups water
1 cup dry white wine
1 onion, peeled and cut into eighths
1 carrot, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 celery stalk, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1 handful fresh parsley
2 chicken breasts (about 8 ounces each)
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the broth, water, wine, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, peppercorns and parsley into the cooking pot of the Multicooker. Set to Brown/Sauté at 400°F. Once liquid comes to a boil (about 15 minutes) uncover and immediately reduce the temperature to 200°F.
2. Once liquid settles down to a bare simmer, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and then gently add to the pot.
3. Cover and poach chicken for approximately 25 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Let rest about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
ServingsMakes 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 139 (22% from fat) • carb. 0g • pro. 25g
• fat 3g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 77mg • sod. 283mg
• calc. 9mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products: