Pulled Pork (for MSC)Cuisinart Original Recipe
A great component to any game day spread – be it sliders, tacos or on top of white rice."
Dry Barbecue Rub:
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
5 to 6 pounds whole pork shoulder
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
6 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium
½ cup chili sauce (such as Heinz)
¼ cup cider vinegar
¼ cup molasses
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1. Mix the rub ingredients together in a small bowl. Rub all over the pork shoulder and allow to marinate in a large baking pan or
in a 2-gallon resealable bag in the refrigerator overnight.
2. After the pork has marinated, put the oil in the cooking pot of the Multicooker set to Brown/Sauté at 400°F. Once unit has preheated, brown the pork well on all sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove
3. Reduce heat to 350°F and add the onion and garlic; sauté until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
4. While the onion and garlic are cooking, mix the rest of the ingredients together in a small bowl until combined. Once the vegetables have softenend, stir in the sauce.
5. Bring sauce to a boil and add pork back to pot; turn to coat in sauce and cover, switch unit to Slow Cook on Low for 12 hours..
6. To serve, shred pork directly in pot, either with tongs or gloved hands, into bite-size pieces. Remove bones and discard. Shred meat well into sauce to incorporate.
ServingsMakes 8 to 12 servings
Nutritional information per serving
(based on 12 servings):
Calories 521 (61% from fat) • carb. 17g • pro. 33g
• fat 35g • sat. fat 12g • chol. 134mg • sod. 855mg
• calc. 56mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!