Pot Roast (for MSC-400)Cuisinart Original Recipe
This simple yet hearty dish will keep you warm when the weather is cold."
1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
1 leek, root end trimmed, washed well and sliced
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 celery stalk, sliced
1 medium turnip (about 7 ounces)
cut in half and then into wedges
¾ cup beef broth
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 chuck roast (about 2½ pounds)
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the onion, leek, carrot, celery and turnip into the cooking pot. Add the broth and vinegar. Season the beef with the salt and pepper and then nestle into the vegetables with the liquid coming up about 1⁄3 of the way.
2. Cover and set the unit to Slow Cook on Low for 12 hours.
3. Remove the beef and set aside on a serving platter. Degrease the liquid if necessary.
4. Slice the beef and place back into cooking pot with the liquid and vegetables to warm through.
ServingsMakes about 4 to 6 servings
Nutritional information per serving
(based on 6 servings):
Calories 276 (27% from fat) • carb. 6g • pro. 43g
• fat 8g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 123mg • sod. 414mg
• calc. 53mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products: