Lemon Chicken with Rosemary (for MSC-400)Cuisinart Original Recipe
By the end of the cooking time, the chicken in this dish falls apart, making a light and lemony dish that will soon be a favorite."
1 teaspoon olive oil
6 bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat (about 1½ pounds)
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 large onion, peeled, halved and sliced
3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 fresh rosemary sprig
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup chicken broth, low sodium
1 teaspoon lemon zest
6 thin slices lemon
chopped rosemary for garnish (optional)
1. Put the oil into the cooking pot of the Multicooker set to Brown/Sauté at 400°F.
2. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with ½ teaspoon of salt and all of the pepper. Dredge the chicken thighs in flour to lightly coat.
3. Once unit has preheated, put the chicken, skin side down, into the cooking pot. Brown on both sides, about 10 minutes per side. Remove and reserve.
4. Reduce heat to 350°F. Sauté onion and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes until softened.
Stir in the rosemary sprig and remaining
½ teaspoon of salt. Add the lemon juice, scraping up any brown bits that may remain on the cooking surface with a wooden spoon. Let juice come to a boil and reduce by half, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth and lemon zest and let come to
5. Nestle the browned chicken thighs in the onion mixture. Place lemon slices on top of the chicken.
6. Switch unit to Slow Cook on Low for
5 hours. Cover and cook until thighs are very tender.
7. When time has expired, unit will switch to Keep Warm. Garnish with the chopped rosemary if desired. Serve immediately in shallow bowls with rice or mashed potatoes.
ServingsMakes 6 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 242 (57% from fat) • carb. 8g • pro. 18g
• fat 15g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 79mg • sod. 459mg
• calc. 22mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products: