Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry (for MSC)Cuisinart Original Recipe
A light and healthy dish. Serve over rice."
1½ tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 x 1-inch strips
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced
1 small red bell pepper, sliced
1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 can (4 ounces) canned whole mushrooms, drained
1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
8 baby corn cobs (about half of 15-ounce can)
1½ cups chicken broth, low sodium
¼ cup soy sauce, reduced sodium
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 dashes of Sriracha or other hot sauce, or to taste
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Put 1 tablespoon of the oil into the cooking pot of the Multicooker set to Brown/Sauté at 400°F.
2. Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and all of the pepper. Once unit has preheated, add chicken in two batches and cook about 4½ to 5 minutes per side until golden brown. Once chicken is browned, remove and reserve.
3. Add the remaining oil to the cooking pot and reduce heat to 375°F. Add the onion and peppers and cook for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add snap peas, mushrooms, water chestnuts and baby corn, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. While vegetables are cooking, combine broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a bowl and whisk to combine. Stir in the Sriracha; reserve.
5. Add broth mixture to the vegetables and stir to scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Return the chicken to the pot during the last minute of cooking and stir to coat all ingredients in the sauce. Serve immediately over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
ServingsMakes 6 servings
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup):
Calories 223 (24% from fat) • carb. 21g • pro. 21g
• fat 6g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 48mg • sod. 983mg
• calc. 24mg • fiber 4g