Brisket of BeefCuisinart Original Recipe
Also delicious with bottom round or chuck."
1 large onion, peeled, halved and sliced
1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1-inch rounds
1 medium celery stalk, cut into 1-inch slices
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 beef brisket (2 pounds), first cut
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ cup red wine
½ cup beef stock, low sodium
¼ cup tomato paste
1. Put the onion, garlic, carrot, celery and thyme in the cooking pot of the Multicooker.
2. Season the brisket on both sides with the salt and pepper. Place on top of the vegetables. Stir the wine, stock and tomato paste together in a large measuring cup; pour over the seasoned beef.
3. Cover and set the unit to Slow Cook on
Low for 12 hours.
4. To serve, remove the brisket and allow to cool (keep the sauce and vegetables on Keep Warm). When the brisket is cool, thinly slice and return to the pot with sauce and vegetables. Switch to Brown/Sauté at 350°F and allow to cook until the brisket is warmed through and then switch back to Warm or Slow Cook for serving.
ServingsMakes 6 servings
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 303 (42% from fat) • carb. 9g • pro. 32g
• fat 14g • sat. fat 5g • chol. 101mg • sod. 400mg
• calc. 42mg • fiber 2g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!