Corned Beef with Vegetables (for MSC)Cuisinart Original Recipe
Takes a couple of days – well worth the wait."
1 onion, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 carrot, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 celery stalk, cut into 2-inch pieces
1½ pounds corned beef, first cut (flat) (if packaged with spices, discard packet and rinse meat and dry)
1 bottle (12-ounces) lager-style beer
1 cup water (approximately)
1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
¼ teaspoon whole cloves
1½ teaspoons dill seed
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
Vegetables (to finish):
2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
¾ pound new potatoes, halved
¾ pound green cabbage, cut lengthwise into 8 pieces
1. Put the onion, carrot and celery into the cooking pot of the Multicooker. Lay the beef on top and pour in the beer and enough water (about 1 cup) so the liquid comes ¾ of the way up the vegetables and beef. Top with the peppercorns, cloves, dill seed, mustard and sugar. Cover and set to Slow Cook on Low for 12 hours.
2. At the end of slow cooking remove the meat, set on a tray, and cover with foil. Strain the liquid, discarding the solids. Degrease the liquid and return to the cooking pot.
3. Set on Brown/Sauté at 300°F. Add the carrots, potatoes and cabbage. Simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and cooked through.
4. Thinly slice the meat and return to the cooking pot with the vegetables to warm through. Serve.
ServingsMakes 4 to 6 servings
Nutritional information per serving
(based on 6 servings):
Calories 346 (44% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 14g
• fat 17g • sat. fat 5g • chol. 61mg • sod. 1498mg
• calc. 47mg • fiber 3g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!