Primavera Shrimp SautéCuisinart Original Recipe
A colorful and light dish that takes very little time to prepare."
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 cup broccoli florets
1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
½ cup chicken broth, low sodium
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 small red onion, peeled, halved and sliced lengthwise
1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced
½ cup snow peas, trimmed
½ cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
½ cup peas, fresh or frozen
6 ounces asparagus (about ½ small bunch), trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
¼ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
1. Season the shrimp on both sides with half of the salt and pepper.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in the cooking pot of the Multicooker and set to Brown/Sauté at 400°F. Once preheated, add half the shrimp and lightly brown on each side until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove and reserve. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
3. Reduce the temperature to 300°F and put the remaining teaspoon of oil into the pot. Add the broccoli and garlic and sauté until garlic becomes slightly golden. Add the chicken broth and crushed red pepper flakes. Cover and simmer until the broccoli is crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
4. Add the onion and pepper and sauté until softened and slightly golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the snap peas, snow peas and the asparagus; stir until they become bright green, about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Return the shrimp and broccoli to the pot and add the peas, remaining salt, lemon zest and basil. Cook until warmed through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Adjust seasoning. Serve immediately.
ServingsMakes about 7 cups
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup):
Calories 98 (20% from fat) • carb. 9g • pro. 11g
• fat 4g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 82mg • sod. 715mg