Pot Roast (For MSC-600)Cuisinart Original Recipe
This is the perfect cut of meat for
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 pounds beef roast (beef bottom round roast works well)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 onion, peeled and cut into eighths
3 carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
1 cup beef stock, low sodium
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1. Put the oil into the cooking pot of the Multicooker set to Brown/Sauté at 400°F.
2. Combine the flour with salt and pepper. Coat beef in flour mixture; shake off any excess.
3. Once unit is heated, brown the beef in the hot cooking pot, on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. Carefully rub evenly with the mustard; reserve.
4. Put the vegetables, garlic and peppercorns in the cooking pot. Add the beef, stock and vinegar.
5. Cover and switch unit to Slow Cook on Low for 12 hours. Remove beef and strain liquid, discarding the vegetables. Put the beef into a large container and cover with the strained liquid, turning the beef to coat. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
6. One hour before serving, scoop any solidified fat from the top. Remove beef and let sit at room temperature. Cook the reserved liquid on Brown/Sauté at 400°F for about 5 minutes, to heat liquid fully.
7. Cut pot roast into ¼- to ½-inch slices and return to the cooking pot with the liquid to warm through. Serve with sauce on the side.
ServingsMakes 8 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 615 (65% from fat) • carb. 9g • pro. 45g
• fat 43g • sat. fat 17g • chol. 202mg • sod. 434mg
• calc. 53mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
3-in-1 Cook Central®