Asian Style Poached SalmonCuisinart Original Recipe
Poached salmon is perfect served on its own or over a bed of mixed greens."
6 garlic cloves, sliced
½ cup peeled and sliced ginger (about a 4- x 2-inch piece)
2 small to medium celery stalks, chopped
2 scallions, sliced
1 star anise pod (you may substitute ½ teaspoon ground anise)
4 cups chicken stock, low sodium
2½ cups water
¾ cup rice wine
¾ cup soy sauce, low sodium
2 tablespoons sesame oil
pinch freshly ground black pepper
1½ pounds salmon fillet
1. Put all ingredients except the salmon into cooking pot of the Multicooker. Stir to combine; cover.
2. Set unit on Brown/Sauté at 400°F. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to 300°F. Heat for an additional 25 to 40 minutes, depending on desired strength of flavor.
3. Carefully put salmon into the poaching liquid. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, or until fully cooked through – it should flake easily with a fork.
4. Remove salmon; reserve. Continue to cook down the liquid, covered, for about 20 minutes, or until reduced to a thicker sauce that can be nicely spooned over the fish.
5. Serve immediately, sauce on the side.
ServingsMakes about 6 servings
Nutritional information per serving
(4 ounces of fish):
Calories 296 (35% from fat) • carb. 22g • pro. 29g
• fat 12g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 62mg • sod. 1729mg
• calc. 32mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
3-in-1 Cook Central®