Lemon Chicken with Rosemary (for MSC)Cuisinart Original Recipe
By the end of the cooking time, the chicken in this dish falls apart, making a light and lemony dish that will soon be a favorite."
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed of excess visible fat with skin kept intact
1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
3 large onions, peeled, halved and sliced
6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
3 fresh rosemary sprigs
½ cup fresh lemon juice
¾ cup chicken broth, low sodium
1 tablespoon lemon zest (from about 3 medium lemons)
1 lemon, thinly sliced
chopped rosemary for garnish
1. Put the oil into the cooking pot of the Multicooker set to Brown/Sauté at 400°F.
2. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with 1 teaspoon of salt and all of the pepper. Dredge the chicken thighs in flour
to lightly coat.
3. Once unit is heated, put about half of the chicken, skin side down, into the hot cooking pot (usually about 6 thighs fit in the skillet at a time. You do not want to crowd the pan, because the chicken will not brown properly). Brown on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes per side. Chicken will release from the pot once it has browned. Reserve. Repeat with remaining chicken thighs.
5. Reduce heat to 350°F. Sauté onions and garlic for 6 to 8 minutes until softened. Stir in the rosemary sprigs and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt. Add the lemon juice, scraping up any brown bits that may remain on the cooking surface with a wooden spoon. Let juice come to a boil and reduce by half, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth and lemon zest and let come to a boil.
6. Nestle the browned chicken thighs in the onion mixture (it is okay for them to overlap). Place lemon slices on top of the chicken.
7. Switch unit to Slow Cook on High for 2 hours. Cover and cook until thighs are cooked through (165° to 170°F) and very tender.
8. When time has expired, unit will switch to Keep Warm. Garnish with the chopped rosemary. Serve immediately in shallow bowls with rice or mashed potatoes.
ServingsMakes 8 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 342 (26% from fat) • carb. 16g • pro. 47g
• fat 10g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 188mg • sod. 568mg
• calc. 72mg • fiber 2g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
3-in-1 Cook Central®