Mediterranean WrapUser Submitted Recipe
Lavash bread (or tortilla)– 5
Thinly sliced cucumber – 2
Grated carrots – 2 cups
Fresh Baby spinach – 3 cups
Thinly sliced onions soaked in 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar – 2 cups
Chopped olives – 1/2 cup
Crumbled feta cheese – 1 cup
Salt + crushed black pepper
For the Eggplant spread:
Peeled and chopped eggplant – 2 cups
Roughly chopped onion – 1 cup
Garlic cloves – 4
Sliced tomatoes – 1 large
Dried oregano – 1 tbsp
Red pepper flakes – 1 tbsp
Salt + pepper to taste
Roasted cumin – 1 tbsp
Balsamic vinegar – 2 tbsp
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Cream cheese (plain or chives and onions) 8 oz
1. For the spread, combine all the ingredients except cream cheese and vinegar in a baking dish.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
3. Add the mixture to cream cheese and balsamic vinegar in a food processor and process until smooth. Check for seasoning.
4. Heat the lavash bread in a microwave for 20 seconds.
5. To assemble, lay the bread on a flat surface. Layer a generous quantity of the eggplant spread and spread throughout the bread. Top with cucumber slices, onions, carrots, spinach, olives and feta cheese and sprinkle a little salt + crushed black pepper. When layering the vegetables, leave a border of about an inch for ease of rolling.
6. Starting from one end, roll the bread into a log. Wrap with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for atleast 10 minutes before cutting in half.
7. If you want to serve this at a party or as an appetizer, it can be made a day in advance and refrigerated. Slice into smaller pinwheels.