Vegetable Stir-Fry - 4 servingsCuisinart Original Recipe
A quick and simple stir fry. This is just a base add cooked chicken, beef, or cubed tofu to the dish to make it a bit heartier."
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and halved
1 medium red bell pepper, halved and cored
1 stalk broccoli, florets and stem separated
1 bunch baby bok choy, leaves trimmed and reserved
3½ to 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, cleaned
½ medium to large red onion, peeled and trimmed to fit feed tube
1½ tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, divided
1 cup vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium
3 tablespoons soy sauce,
2 teaspoons cornstarch
½ cup snap or snow
1 teaspoon hot sesame oil
2 drops fish sauce
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl of the food processor. With the unit running, add the garlic and ginger through the feed tube and process to finely chop, about 10 to 15 seconds. Remove and reserve.
- Remove the chopping blade and replace with the slicing disc. Slice the red pepper, broccoli stalk, bok choy, mushrooms and onion. Reserve.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger. Sauté until softened and very fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining oil and increase heat to medium-high. Add ½ of the sliced vegetables. Sauté for about 3 to 5 minutes, and then add the remaining sliced vegetables. Sauté until softened, about an additional 5 minutes. Add the broccoli stalks and cook for a few minutes more.
- While the vegetables are cooking, stir the broth, soy sauce and cornstarch together. Add broth mixture to the pan. Stir and cook until slightly thickened, a few minutes. Stir in the reserved bok choy leaves and broccoli florets. Cook until broccoli is tender and sauce nicely coats the vegetables.
- Once the mixture has achieved desired consistency, stir in the sesame oil and fish sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve immediately with white rice.
Servingsmakes 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 123 (52% from fat) | carb. 12g | pro. 3g | fat 7g sat. fat 1g | chol. 0mg | sod. 433mg | calc. 49mg | fiber 4g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!