Hummus and Vegetable SandwichCuisinart Original Recipe
This sandwich has it all and is packed with flavor – from the smooth and nutty hummus to the tangy radishes – and healthy to boot!"
2 slices whole-grain bread
3 to 4 tablespoons hummus, homemade or purchased
2 small radishes, thinly sliced
4 slices plum tomato
¼ cup sprouts (alfalfa, broccoli, whatever is your favorite
2 tablespoons shredded carrots
1 to 1½ ounces sliced feta
1. Preheat the Compact Toaster Oven Broiler set to Bake (or Sandwich, if using the TOB-100 model) at 400°F with the rack in position B (or "C" if using the TOB-100 model) for 5 minutes. Line the baking tray with foil, if desired, and fit with the broiling rack.
2. While oven is heating, lay both pieces of bread on the assembled tray.
3. Spread the hummus evenly on the tops of both slices, and then evenly distribute the remaining ingredients, in the order listed.
4. Put the sandwiches into the oven and cook on Bake (or Sandwich) for 5 minutes. If using the TOB-80 Model, switch to Broil and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned.
5. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per sandwich:
Calories 187 (31% from fat) • carb. 26g • pro. 9g • fat 7g • sat. fat 3g
• chol. 13mg • sod. 465mg • calc. 192mg • fiber 5g