Chicken ParmesanCuisinart Original Recipe
Panko-style breadcrumbs add texture and make a crisp crust, but feel free to use regular seasoned breadcrumbs if that’s what you have on hand."
2 8-ounce chicken breasts, pounded to ½-inch thickness
¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg
1 cup Italian-seasoned panko-style breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
¼ cup prepared tomato or marinara sauce
3 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 tablespoon thinly sliced (chiffonade) basil (optional)
1. Preheat the Compact Toaster Oven Broiler set to Bake at 425°F with the rack in position A for 5 minutes. Line the baking tray with aluminum foil.
2. Season the chicken breasts with the salt and pepper.
3. In shallow dish, lightly beat the egg. In another shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
4. Dredge the chicken breasts in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs. Press the chicken into the breadcrumbs to fully coat on both sides and shake off any excess.
5. Place the chicken on the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven, flip chicken and top each with even amounts of the sauce, then mozzarella. Bake for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
6. Garnish with basil, if desired, and serve.
Servings2 to 4
Nutritional information per serving (based on 4 servings):
Calories 400 (44% from fat) • carb. 21g • pro. 35g • fat 19g • sat. fat 7g • chol. 140mg • sod. 1148mg • calc. 235mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Compact Toaster Oven Broiler