Sole with Lemon and CapersCuisinart Original Recipe
A quick and impressive light meal – all made in your toaster oven."
½ pound fillet of lemon sole (or other similar white fish)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
juice of ½ of a medium lemon (about 1 to 1½ tablespoons)
½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
pinch freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, smashed
½ cup halved grape tomatoes
2 tablespoons drained capers
chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat the Compact Toaster Oven Broiler set to Bake at 400°F with the rack in position C for 5 minutes. Line baking tray with aluminum foil.
2. Rinse and pat the fish dry. Drizzle with the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper.
3. Place the seasoned fish on the baking pan, and then scatter the garlic, tomatoes and capers around it.
4. Bake until the fish is just cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. (Fish will be opaque and flake easily with fork.)
5. Remove, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 156 (53% from fat) • carb. 4g • pro. 15g • fat 9g • sat. fat 2g
• chol. 31mg • sod. 735mg • calc. 38mg • fiber 1g