Seafood Mélange w/Tuscan Pesto over Whole Wheat FettucciniUser Submitted Recipe
• 3 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
• 2 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves
• 1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves
• 4 fresh sage leaves
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1 Tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 quarts water
• 1 tsp vegetable or olive oil
• ½ tsp kosher salt
• 1 pound (dry) whole wheat fettuccine pasta
• 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• ½ Tbsp butter
• ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
• ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
• ½ pound bay scallops, washed, rinsed and drained
• ½ pound fresh shrimp, headed, peeled and deveined
• ½ pound boneless sea bass filet, cut into 1 inch cubes
• ½ pound mussels, rinsed, de-bearded, steamed open (and removed from shells, if desired)
• ½ pound fresh crab meat, picked and rinsed
• 1 cup freshly grated Asiago-Parmesan cheese
1. Rinse, dry, and coarsely chop the rosemary, parsley, oregano and sage leaves
2. Combine all ingredients in a Cuisinart Mini-Prep (small) Processor Processor and puree until thoroughly blended.
1. Bring the water, oil and salt to boil in a 4 quart stock pot; add the fettuccine and boil for 10 minutes.
2. While the pasta water is coming to a boil, heat the olive oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat until the oil shimmers and the foam begins to subside.
3. Add the cayenne (if using), onions, and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender – about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Add the scallops, shrimp and fish, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, until everything in the pan is thoroughly mixed together.
5. Add the Tuscan Pesto, the mussels and the crab meat, and stir gently until the fish flakes apart.
6. Drain the pasta in a colander, then transfer both the pasta and the mélange to a serving bowl and toss gently, sprinkling with the grated cheese. Serve immediately.