Prosciutto, Arugula & Fontina Open-Faced SandwichCuisinart Original Recipe
A gourmet quick treat, this method can be used for any type of
2 slices sourdough or other similar rustic bread
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
6 thin slices prosciutto
2 ounces fontina, sliced
¹∕³ cup loosely packed arugula
1. Preheat the toaster oven to Broil on the Broil setting with rack in position A.
2. Insert the broiling rack into the baking pan.
3. Brush the bread with the olive oil. Top with the prosciutto, then the cheese.*
4. Put the prepared sandwiches on the pan and broil for 2 to 2½ minutes.
5. Remove pan from oven. Top with the arugula and serve.
*This sandwich is also equally delicious, but not as visually impressive, with the arugula placed underneath the cheese.
ServingsMakes two servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 281 (46% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 15g • fat 14g
sat. fat 7g • chol. 40mg • sod. 833mg • calc. 181mg • fiber 1g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!